-->

Wednesday, 17 April 2013

Bow Hair Tutorial

 I was mooching around on Pinterest last night and I found a picture of a girl with her hair in a bow, literally. I figured hey, I could do that, and so I did, and here is how I did it!

Step 1: Tie your hair into an incredibly attractive high ponytail and shake it around a bit, for funsies.

Step 2: Fold the ponytail in half and tie it with another bobble. You could combine these first two steps if you wanted but for demonstration purposes I have done them separately. Make sure the tail bit of the ponytail is pointing forwards.

Step 3: Separate the big loop-y bit into two halves and pull them down. I've found that pinning the bottom bit  of each loop to your head can help it stay in place.

Here, have a close up. This is a messy stage, you can rearrange and tidy it up at the end. Or whenever, your call.

Step 4: Grab the tail part of your ponytail and bring it up and over your loop-y bits. I twist mine a little bit to make it tighter but it'll still work if you don't. Pin it at the back as close to your bobble as you can to keep the whole bow thing in place

Here's another close up so you can see how mine looks at the end (the pin at the front is for my fringe, not a key part of the bow). This would look ridiculously cute if you did one on each side of your head like pigtails. Or you could, as my housemate suggested, go crazy and do lots of teeny ones all over your head. Send me a pic/link if you try this!

5 comments:

  1. Ahh, thats so cute. Shame I've got shorter hair now haha x

    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah this is the first time I've had long hair since I was about seven, so definitely making the most of it! xx

      Delete
  2. i did this! and tweeted you a pic ;) AWESOME tutorial!!!
    Rosie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow really wishing I had long hair now!!! Love this, too cute :)
    See you at the Cardiff meet up next week

    Laura x
    www.sidestreetstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this hair style! I've nominated you for the versatile blogger award. All the details about it are on my blog post below xx

    http://prideandpedicure.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete