-->

Saturday, 19 January 2013

A Haul of Many Bargains

Hello all! Hope everyone is having fun playing in the snow, and if not then I hope you're having fun in general anyway! Thanks to the red weather warning for South Wales, Uni was cancelled yesterday so we went and built a snowman (complete with Carnage t-shirt and can of Tesco Value beer in hand) and went sledging on some old trays we found in the garden! It was a fun day but very chilly, and I was glad to get back into bed when we came home!

However I was in a bit of a bad mood this morning what with some results I received last night and having a cold and general grumpiness so I took myself out into the slushy mushy snow and went shopping for medicines and treats. I got some serious bargains and needless to say I am well out of my bad mood now!


At the bottom of this pile is a black skater dress from Dorothy Perkins (£18). I've wanted a black skater dress for ages but have never really found The One. Well, this is it. Also with 25% student discount!

Next is a maroon bobble hat. I don't really need another hat but again have wanted one like this for ages, and it was £8 in the sale and again I got 25% student discount so really it would have been rude to leave it in the shop. 



From Boots I got some hair dye (need to re-bleach the underside of my hair, and fix the roots on the top, hence the two completely opposite colours!) and they were on offer for £4 each. Then I found some cold and flu pills in the clearance section, which really isn't very exciting but they were only 90p each and just what I need!



Then I found this eye cream in the clearance. I know I'm only 21 but it's never too early to start using anti-wrinkle cream, right? Also it says £3.50 but either the woman at the till made a mistake or the label was wrong because I only paid £1.50 for it!



And finally, my best bargain of all. Let me just take this opportunity to stress the importance of using the advantage card kiosks in Boots. These machines are clever; they know what you like. I buy a lot of 17 and Rimmel make up and always get discounts and offers on those brands. Today I had two vouchers, one was 'half price 17 magnetized nail polish' and one was 'free crackle top coat when you buy any 17 product'. If you can do the maths, you'll realise that I got two nail varnishes (which should have totalled about £8) for only £2! The best part is that this also happened to me last week, so in total I've saved myself  £12 on nail varnish in the past week, how good is that?!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you're feeling better soon - colds are just so annoying! At least you found some great little bargains there. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urgh I hate getting colds, I hope you're recovering now! Nice nail varnishes :) xx

    ReplyDelete