-->

Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Liebster Blog Award


I'm quite excited today as the lovely Yasmin from The Student Wardrobe has nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award! I've seen a lot of people get this award and I think it's a really great way for readers to get to know a bit about the person behind the blog.

For anyone who doesn't know about it already, the idea of the award is pretty simple. You tell your readers 11 things about yourself, answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you, nominate 11 blogs for the award and write 11 questions for them to answer!

First of all, 11 things about me:

1. I'm in my second year at University of Glamorgan studying Events Management. It's not so bad but I wish I'd gone to Bristol to study PR like I originally planned!
2. I drive a little black Ford KA, except I've customised it slightly so now it's a 'KAPOW', hehehe
3. I don't drink milk and rarely have any other dairy products as they give me tummy ache. I always have to have soy milk in my tea!
4. I am obsessed with the show Countdown, I just love it and I don't know why!
5. I am also a bit obsessed with The Very Hungry Caterpillar. I did a project on Eric Carle at college and just love the colours and techniques he used in all his work.
6. I studied English, Photography and Graphic Design at college, then did a year of Business Administration, then came to Uni.
7. I have a lovely boyfriend who is like my best friend. We've been together about two and a half years :)
8. Water is gross, I am addicted to Orange squash.
9. I like to collect postcards, whenever I go away I always buy postcards for my family and friends and one for myself to keep as a souvenir.
10. I'd really like to learn French. Actually last night I think I had a dream where I did, weird!
11. My first name is actually Rosemary but nobody calls me that. My parents call me 'Bud' (short for Rosebud, I expect)

My answers to Yasmin's questions:

1. What inspired you to start blogging?
I followed a lot of blogs already and really loved the idea of being able to meet people with similar interests and passions. Also one day I really want to go into PR and figured it would be a good idea to get used to that world!

2. Do you play any sports?
My friends and I are trying to start a roller skating society, but the weather's been horrible here so it's not really taken off. But soon!

3. Where do you take your main inspiration for your sense of style from?
I guess other bloggers mostly inspire me. I don't read magazines often and blogs are the main way I get to see other people's fashion choices. That and people I see randomly on the street.

4. Can you cook?
I can cook a few things really well and some things not at all. Like, I can make chilli and risotto but jacket potatoes never work for me and I can't make soup right either!

5. What was the last thing you bought on a total whim?
Last night at about 3am Matalan emailed me a 30% off voucher and so I bought two new dresses haha! But they'll be ideal for the few blogger meet-ups I have soon so it's justifiable!

6. Is there anything you regularly treat yourself to (ie. expensive make-up, meals out)?
Twice a year my boyfriend and I go for an expensive meal but I can't afford expensive treats very often!

7. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
I'd love to be living with/married to my boyfriend and working in PR or something similar.

8. If you could change one thing in your life, what would you change?
I'd probably have gone to a different Uni to do a different course, this one isn't as good as I'd hoped!

9. What is your favourite possession?
I have a blue stuffed toy dog that my Dad bought my Mum as a present to 'remind her of him' and she gave it to me, it's super old but makes me happy :)

10. Do you have any ambitions that you hope to realise by the end of this year?
Well it's not long 'til this year's over but I'm hoping to reach 30 followers on my blog and meet lots of bloggers at Christmas parties!

11. What motto or belief do you live your life by?
If I'm bored or fed up or impatient I tend to think that in the grand scheme of things, this time will be a minuscule percentage of my life and isn't worth stressing about.

And finally, 11 questions for my nominees:

1. Who is your favourite band/singer?
2. Where was the best holiday you ever had?
3. Can you make anything? (Knitting, crochet, sewing etc.)
4. What strange habits do you have?
5. Who would play you in the film of your life?
6. Pinterest or Tumblr?
7. What's the most random piece of trivia you know?
8. Pub or club?
9. Shop online or in stores?
10. What's your favourite food?
11. Where in the world would you most like to live?

It took me quite a while to write all this and to find people who haven't already been nominated, so I've only nominated six people! They are Zoe Barrow, MyFriendIrma, Bella Rose, Beth Reek, Chloe Lee, and Kels from Cute Panda

4 comments:

  1. It's great to read your answers!
    Yasmin x
    thestudentwardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh thanks for nominating me! definitely agree with your life motto x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for nominating me! I am looking forward to doing it :)
    I enjoyed reading your answers
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you.
    http://cutepandaa.blogspot.co.uk/
    xx

    ReplyDelete