-->

Saturday, 6 October 2012

Mini reviews

I don't buy new beauty products very often, I generally follow the rule 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' and if I like a product, why would I risk wasting money on another brand that might not be as good? Occasionally if I see a really good review for something I'll be tempted, so I figured that I might work up some good karma by actually GIVING reviews rather than just reading them!


Veet Hair Minimising Body Moisturiser (£5.25)
Over the past few months I have put a lot of effort into regularly epilating my legs (it takes longer than shaving and is SO TEDIOUS haha) so that the hair will grow back thinner and need removing less often. Well I can report back that from a distance my legs look smoother for longer but up close they don't look much different. I bought this moisturiser to use in between epilations(?!) to try and make my leg hairs grow back slower and already (I've been using it every day for about a week) it seems to be doing the trick! I don't know how well it would cope with shaved-off hair as that grows back thicker but I definitely think it's worth trying if you (like me) are too lazy to go about the hair removal process every single day. Also it smells like kids' sun cream which makes me really happy!


Sure Maximum Protection Anti-Perspirant (~£5)
I've never found an anti-perspirant that I really liked. I have sensitive underarms but the sprays and roll-ons designed for sensitive skin don't seem to be strong enough for me, so I'd always have to consider what I was wearing based on how sweaty I'd get rather than what I WANTED to wear, yano? Well this anti-perspirant, though pretty expensive, is really really good at what it does. It claims to last for 48 hours but I find I have to apply it in the evening before bed AND in the morning after a shower to get the full effect, but it's not like it takes much effort and it's so nice to be able to wear whatever I want and not have to worry that I might have to run up the stairs to my lecture on the third floor!


Bumble and Bumble Texture Hair Undressing Creme (~£16 from Amazon)
This hair creme seems to be pretty big in the blog world at the moment and I think this hype is definitely justified. My hair is really awkward; it's thin but I have lots of it. If I don't use anything volumising in it, it looks so limp and sad and pathetic. As it is, I currently shampoo my hair with Head and Shoulders/similar, condition the ends ONLY with Tresemme (this helps them stay in good condition without making my roots look greasy), whack some heat defence spray on and then rub a 10p-sized amount of this creme through my hair (again avoiding the roots) and blow dry. It makes my hair an insane bushy mess but with a bit of detangling spray and a Tangle Teezer it's just lovely and textured without looking dirty or flyaway. This is the most money I think I've ever paid for a hair product but I can't recommend it enough, and the Amazon price was such a bargain compared to the RRP.

No comments:

Post a Comment