-->

Thursday, 21 June 2012

Daily Make-Up

Let me be the first to admit it, I don't find the topic of make-up/beauty products particularly interesting. I don't wear much make-up and I rarely change the products I use. I also refuse to spend a lot of money on my make-up and I usually stick to the same or very similar products when I am re-buying.

I know people seem to like beauty posts and reviews on blogs so I've included a mini-review of each product in my collection just so people can see what I think! I have pale skin with very faded freckles which is why I don't really wear foundation, and my skin is pretty balanced in terms of oily/dryness as far as I can tell! I'm definitely not an expert...


I've listed the products here in the order that I use them in my daily routine.

Benefit POREfessional
I actually don't use this very often as I rarely wear foundation (when I do I wear Rimmel Time Renew in Ivory). At the moment I've only got the freebie sample that came with Glamour and I don't think I use it enough to justify replacing it for the full-size amount when I run out. I usually wear this on nights out or special occasions as it gives a nice base to apply foundation to.

Rimmel Hide the Blemish Concealer in Ivory
I am ridiculously pale and it's actually really hard to find make-up that doesn't look orange on me. I find that Rimmel have the best range of 'pale' shades. This concealer isn't amazing to be fair as it's quite dry. I bought this as a cheap replacement when my No7 concealer ran out, but next time I will definitely invest in the No7 one again!

Rimmel Eyeliner in Jet Black
As far as I'm concerned, eyeliner is eyeliner, although maybe I just think that because I've never tried another one?! I use this on the upper inside-y part of my eyelids to help my eyelashes look thicker and to make my eyes look a bit more open, if that makes sense? My eyelids are quite low (droopy?) and so I only wear make-up on the top of my eyes because I find it makes them look wider.

Models Own Hi Definer Pro-Eyeliner
I really like Models Own products as they don't test on animals. This eyeliner is pretty good but I wouldn't say it's perfect. I find that the first 'coat' comes out quite thin and streaky and I have to wait for it to dry until I can patch it up, although after that it looks great! It lasts really well except in the outer corners of my eyes where it sometimes wears off; if  you have watery eyes I definitely wouldn't recommend it. The brush is really easy to use though and I know this can often be an issue with liquid eyeliners.

Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara
Again this is just a freeb from Glamour (I'm on a student budget!) but I absolutely love it! I have quite long eyelashes anyway but this just makes them look amazing! My only beef with this product is that it doesn't make them look much thicker - they usually look a bit spidery, but I guess I'm used to that anyway. If I want my lashes to look thicker I usually wear Eylure fake ones.

17 Blush and Glow in Peaches and Cream
This blusher is really good and I like that it has a highlighter with it. I normally swirl my brush around the pot to mix the two. I don't like glittery make-up and this has a bit of a shine but no sparkle which is perfect. I wish this was available in more colours as it's a teeny bit dark for me, but I usually stick to coral-y blush as I have quite pink cheeks anyway and I look a bit daft with pink blusher!

Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Pink Blossom
Another super-pale product from Rimmel! This powder is just unbelievably good. It lasts all day and it doesn't look chalky on the skin, I can't really think what else to say, I definitely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment